Thursday 8 May 2014

Beautylicious Review: Nars Contour Blusher


To be honest I never own a Contour Blusher. When I was asked to do a review and demo about this product, I was struggling to find the perfect method to do the shading and contouring on my face. The more I spent on the internet to learn how the contouring mechanism works, the more I realised that this product is unlike typical contouring foundation and cream in market.

Typical way of contouring. Image: Google

Typical ways of contouring is by using darker shades of foundation at the hollow of your cheek, side of the nose, jaw line and temple. Then proceed with the lighter shades at the forehead, tip of the nose, under eyes, cheek bone, upper lips and little bit at chin to create brighter part at these area. But these steps only can be done with liquid foundation or concealer but not with contouring blusher.

3 shades of Nars Contour Blusher
A LUST FOR BLUSH

A duo of contouring blush shades to create natural-looking dimension for the face with a lightweight luminous finish. A deeper shade enhances definition while a lighter shade illuminates the high points of the face.

Nars Contour Blusher have three (3) shades in total. They are Olympia, Paloma and Gienah. These shade consists of the blusher itself and the highlighter. They can be purchased at Nars Beauty Boutique at Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur at the price of RM135.00 each. I was given the shade of Olympia. This is the lightest shades among all three above. 

These are the comparison of shades for Nars Contour Blusher.



So, how to apply it?

Different people has their own ways and method how to apply this product. The result would differ from each and every person too. Well, the way how I apply this product is as follows:-

Prep your face and get ready for the fun!
Let start with prepping my face with the face serum, moisturiser, cc cream, concealer and foundation powder. To be honest I am not a huge fan of foundation so I usually skip this step.

The trick to apply contouring blusher is not to apply it directly at the hollow of your cheeks. Reason being, the shades that I received is about similar to my skin tone. That is why I try to create the shading and contouring my face in other methods. 

Try to locate your cheek bone and side cheek bone with finger for precision before apply the blusher with brush.

First, locate your higher cheek bone, then blush the main shade from the side of the cheek bone upwards towards the temple. The trick is to create the contour at this part. The consistency of the Nars Contour Blusher is not that highly pigmented but you can develop the intensity of it layer by layer. Depending on how darker you want it to be, keep brush it.

Apply the "rose" shade.

Locate your brush; the contour blusher to apply at the side cheek bone, stoke it upward towards your temple
After the first step - the contour shades can be develop layer by layer. I applied 5 layers to achieve this look.

Second, once you are satisfied with the result, then move to the lighter shade and apply it at the higher part of your cheek bone. This to create the 3D effect and shading to it. 

Nest Step - to apply the highlighter

Apply the highlight at the top of the cheek bone to lighten this area.

Result after applied both both contouring blusher and highlight
Alright Beautylicious, this is how I apply the contouring blusher to my face. If you want to add some colour, gently blush thru some of the red shades on top of it and my choice is Nars Orgasm Blusher.

Orgasm Blusher by Nars


Apply the Orgasm blusher at the top of your cheek bone.


Result

Lets see the outcome, before and after:-

The Result; Before and after the application
My Verdict

At beginning I apply it at the hollow of the cheek and of course I was unable to create the intensity that I can get with the liquid foundation. The named given to this product as a contouring blusher is not wrong. Of course you need to apply it as a blusher but the main concern here is, how to apply it? Overall I am ok with the result. The intensity can be built layer by layer and of course it gives us more time to create and determine how darker you want it to be.

Well Beautylicious, how do you apply your contouring blusher? Do share and comment with me at the comment section below. Until we meet again in my next post. xoxo
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment