Friday 23 August 2013

The lilac Box – Box 4 Edition


Hola Beautylicious. Have you gurls gotten your lilac box 4 yet? I received mine on Monday so in this post I am gonna write about what’s the content inside this box and how do I feel about this box overall. Before I proceed I would like to disclaim that this is not a sponsor post. This box was purchased myself and my reviews would be based on my honest opinion of my own.

The Lilac Box 4

Close-up view of the Jimmy Choo ribbon

Unlike previous box (i.e. brown with lilac ribbon), Box 4 came in black colour and wrapped with Jimmy Choo ribbon in silver (Wow Jimmy Choo?! – when I just got this box my eyes were rolling with excitement!). When I received them I was so excited with its classic and elegant look. I must be bias as black is also one of my favourite colour. So the combination of black box and silver ribbon is just too perfect!! As usual, TLB wont printed their logo on the box and it’s totally re-usable for gift and etc. Furthermore, the box was made by hard material and its sturdy looks exclusive!!. 

Welcome Note
Upon unboxing it, I was carefully unwrapped the silver lining paper inside. Then I saw the welcome note. Ran thru the notes and read superfast so that I can go straight to its contents and tadaaaa….


Let’s check out what are items featured inside:-


Nail polish by O.P.I – This nail polish came in full size. The shade that I receive is called “Nein Nein Nein Ok Fine!” from German Collection in greyish shade. This Item retail at RM63.00.

O.P.I Nail Polish that I received

The shade named "Hein, Nein, Nein Ok Fine!" - from German Collection

Sothys Hydravance range – The product featured is Light Hydrating Cream and Hydra Nourishing Mask. Came in deluxe size with 15ml respectively. Since that I have a very dry skin, I think this range should work best with me. I've checked with few Sothys user and overall they are satisfied with the product especially this range.

Source: Sothys Website
 
Sothys Hydravance range


Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Therapy – This product came in Orange Tango flavor scent. It came in full size (small size of 25 ml) and retails at RM30.00. Overall I love Crabtree & Evelyn hand lotion. The texture is soft and watery. Not oily and absorb fast into skin too. The moisture level is high as it contain water (aqua) and would last for few hours. Not only that, the scent lasted for few hours too. 





L’Oreal Ultime bliss Shampoo & Masque – This product came in deluxe size of 100ml and 75ml respectively. This products is a great product but I have receive them in other beauty boxes.

L’Oreal Professinnel's Infinium Hair Spray – This hair spray product is a limited summer edition product produced by L’Oreal Professionnel's with collaboration with the Fashion Designer, Hair Stylist and Lady Gaga's favourite, Charlie Le Mindu. Charlie Le Mindu has given total make over for this this hair spray which comes in white bottle, with French Girl sketch.  Infinium hair spray is formulated to hold strong the hair style with addition of extra beautiful shine to it. 

L'Oreal Hair Care Range
As a Fashion Designer and Hair Stylist, Charlie Le Mindu has came out with new collection "Haute Coiffure Autumn Winter 2013" called "Gold Sabah". Be mesmerised with it and check them at http://vimeo.com/71272861. I am totally amazed with his collection.

Charlie Le Mindu with his Model - One of his 'Gold Sabah" Collection

Jimmy Choo Flash and Jimmy Choo - Eau De Perfum vial 2 ml each. 

Jimmy Choo fragrance, described as "feminine yet empowering, with a lot of sensuality to it", was developed in cooperation with Inter Parfums and the famous perfumer from IFF Olivier Polge. The seductive composition is a modern chypre fruity, with green top notes, tiger orchid, sweet toffee caramel and Indonesian patchouli.

Jimmy Choo Flash is constructed as a fragrance which accentuates delicate white flower notes with a hint of spices and fruit. Top notes encompass passionate strawberry combined with tangerine and pink pepper adding exciting and cheerful note to white floral notes in the heart. The white bouquet is composed of tuberose, jasmine and white lily on a base of heliotrope and blond wood.


My verdict about this box:-

Overall I am not so keen and excited with the products featured as most of them are repetitive products/brand which I have gathered in other beauty boxes. Some of the samples I have collected from magazines. As for the L’Oreal Shampoo and Masque I already have 6 sets in total and that’s not what I am paying for. I want to indulge with new items, hunger for new brands and products in market. Since that The Lilac Box (TLB) is only offer Premium Brands and Premium Items, I would suggest TLB to be more concerned and be more careful with the brands/product for them to collaborate with. To be honest I would expect to see "mythic oil range" from L'Oreal Professionnel instead in my TLB beauty box instead of liss ultime shampoo and masque range (because I already have too many). Again, I want to see WOW effect. Not repetitive products. No doubt TLB is giving their best towards their passion thru beauty boxes to their subscribers.
 
Well Beautylicious, that’s how I feel about this box. Do share with me your thought about this box in the comment section down below. Can’t wait to read them. If you are excited to know more about The Lilac Box, do check them out at the following:-
 
Until we meet again in my next post! Xoxo =)

No comments:

Post a Comment