Sunday 24 November 2013

“Truth or Dare” Challenge – I lost my virginity towards Bubble Gummy!!



Hello Beautylicious!! Few weeks ago The Butterfly Project Community posted a “Truth or Dare” challenge on Facebook and my heart was moved to join the program. With a brave remarks posted and shared in my Facebook wall, I dare myself to do this Bare Challenge. I registered my interest and I was so happy to be selected as one of the lucky bloggers to experience it!! Bring it ON baby!!



The “Truth or Dare” challenge is a collaboration program between The Butterfly Project Community with Bubble Gum Wax. The Bubble Gum Wax is located at unit F-1-7, Block F of Plaza Damas. With their Goal “To make You Look and Feel like a Goddess” they are The Waxing Expert! They provide the best full waxing services from head to toe – just name any part of your body and they would “make it bare” for you. They also provide Boyzilian service for Guys. Wow!! Guys also go Bare? Brilliant! 




Why I was so keen with this program? Well, to be honest this was my first time to do the Brazilian Wax. I am a Wax Virgin. In fact I never do any waxing activity to any part of my body except for my eyebrows and upper lips (that was few months ago – the first and no second?). Guess what? It was painful!! So, I did Google and You Tube about Brazilian Wax and Yeahh, I was pretty scared until my jaw dropped to the floor! Duhh…

So, when I received an invitation from Ms Howt Illy about the Challenge, my heart was moved with excitement plus little bit scared plus confuse! But, kudos to my beloved friends that used to do it before, they asked me to pluck few hairs down there and see if I can bare the pain. Guess what! I didn’t do it. Lol.


Me and gorgeous Kay of Glossy Allure

Me and my cutie pie - Mieza Everdeen

Group photo

Anyway, my session was carried out at 2.30 pm. Before the session, we were required to fill up a form for record. Bubble Gum Wax need to know their guest condition prior to the service. They need to know if we allergy to any medications, drugs or vitamins. Then, they also need to checked if we were pregnant or under medication. So all this info counts for their analyze process. 

The form for us to fill up before the precedure

After I had my photo session at the entrance, I went to the outlet and mingled with the Butterflies. Then Ms Howt Illy welcomed us with her speech. Then, she called upon Ms. Jesslyn Ho (the manager) and she explained what they have prepared for us for that day! 

Butterflies at the afternoon session
Ms Howt Illy with her welcome speech!!
 
Ms Jesslyn is in the house - shes pretty right?

Ms. Jesslyn explained that for hair waxing service, there are two types of wax – Hard Wax and Soft Wax. So what are the different between Hard Wax and Soft Wax?

Hard Wax – This wax is normally used for first timer. If you used to shave before, then the condition of the hair is bit thicker and rough. The consistency and liquidity of the Hard Wax is thick and it would dry fast on your skin after the application. So when the therapist pulls the dry wax, it will hold the hairs together.

Soft Wax – This wax is mainly used for those who are already used to the waxing activity and also meant for shorter and fine hair. The consistency of this wax is thinner but stickier. Once the Soft Wax is applied, the therapist would paste a layer of wax strip on top of the hair for the stripping process.

Ms. Jesslyn also explained that they have arranged an activity for us Butterflies. I was so excited with the activities but at the same time feel nervous with the whole process. What if I can't bare with the pain? 

Ms. Howt Illy then proceed with the activity that they have arranged for us. There are contest for us to participate and to create a decoration box with bublegum doorgift items.

Mama San said "You must be creative and do the deco-deco with all your heart yeahh.. something like this"
To reduced our anxiety and nervous, the swat team prepared two choices of ice-cream (chocolate and vanilla) for us with selections of macaroons, marshmallows, candies and raisins. Not only that, they also fed us with Wonton Mee in two flavors - So yummy!!!

Ice-Cream - Delicious!!


Booty cookies - Lets Bootylicious!!

Yummy Macaroons

Ice-cream for us!!

Selections of topping for ice-cream

Wanton Mee - Yummy!!!

The waxing activity begin with the experienced butterflies who already used to the waxing activity. Kay of Glossy Allure was one of them. After few minutes she came out and she told me its not that painful compared to her normal  waxing salon!! She was totally impressed with the whole process. She said the appointed beautician really knows how to divert your pain and she laughed all the time during the whole process. When I heard her remarks, I felt slightly better but my heart still pumped very hard. dub dub dub...

The treatment room

My first time experience

After that Jesslyn called my name to the treatment room. Owh!! - my heart even jumping more faster than before. My attended beautician that day was Wendy. She asked me if this was my first time. Like a shy virgin, I nod. She smiled and handed me a wet tissue asked me to undress my lower part and cleanse my genital area with it. Then she asked to lie in bed and get ready. I felt like having my first night!!! ~ hoh...

After a while she came inside the room and got ready with the process. She explained to me on certain sensitive part at the triangle can be a bit painful compared to other part i.e. bikini line. She started with trimming my hair into certain length in order to ensure the wax ripping process is more easier. If the hair is too long, the ripping process can be more painful. To be honest at that time, to spread my leg and showed my private area to a stranger I was so shy but when she then started to apply the hard wax to my bikini line, I felt the hot sensation to my skin. Wow - This feels good. After the wax get harden, Wendy asked me to hold my breath. With her count in three, she asked me to breath out hard and she pulled the harden wax together. Well, since that it was first time, yes I did scream bit. Screamed with pleasure ~ something like that. Owh Yess!! The whole process took about 15 minutes or less. 

Is it painful?

For first timer like me, yup it was bit pain. However, the pain is bearable. I believe it not as painful as when you give birth (well, I never experience giving birth before so I do not know how it feel). Only at certain part of the triangle (middle part to be exact is painful and yet it has been explained much earlier by Wendy). I cant wait to book my next appointment with Bubblegum WAX. As long as its Bubblegum Wax, there are nothing to worry about. They are very well experience in doing the waxing process and I am very certain that I would just stick with them only for this waxing service!!

What I feel about the result?

Result? OMG ~ I totally love how it turned to be. I felt my skin there more smoother (not like a baby yet - but I do aim for that). It take about a week for my hair to grow again. The great part is the hair there are more softer and not as coarse as before. Normally my hair will grow back after 2 days after I shave and its not a pleasant feeling. Well since that I do have indian blood (my ancestor) - yes I am bit hairy to begin with.

Am I going to continue this routine?

Owh YES!!! Once you go bare, you will never go back!! I love the result and I cant wait to do my next appointment soon. Now I can wear bikini without more worries!! 

The Bublegum wax and team!!

Alright Beautylicious, lets continue what happened after I had my brazilian wax done. I walked out from the room and the rest of butterflies were asking how I felt about it. I screamed with excitement and said - I wanna do it again!!! After the process, yes I feel bit tired. Maybe due to the nervous, worry, scared and screaming activity tends to cause my body felt week. But overall I was having fun!!

Owh Yes - Ive done it!!!

However, the fun was yet over because Ms. Howt Illy requested us the Butterfly to have a deco-deco with all the Bubblegum wax doorgift. The selected first three will be given a voucher for the bubblegum service. I was extremely excited and start to do my deco-deco.

The result ~ Me and my deco-deco - Laura said it look like wedding gift - lol
 
Some of the deco-deco box by rest of the butterflies
 
I won third place - I was so happy!!


Group Photos with all the Butterflies - Yeahh ~ We made it!!



Alright Beautylicious. If you are a virgin like me, I would suggest you go to Bublegum wax and you will feel the way how I felt. Overall, I am very satisfied with their services and treat given. In fact, this place was strongly suggested by my other bff even before I participated this program.

For more info about the Bublegum Wax, do check them out <here>

The photos posted in this blog are mainly taken from The Butterfly Project. Do check and support them <here>

The decorations, booty cookies, macaroons and ice-cream are courtesy of Ask Joey. She did amazing decoration job. In fact, I borrowed her flower when I did my deco-deco box. Do support and check her page <here>

As for the Wonton Mee, it was courtesy of Little Wonton - Bangsar. You may dine in or take away - do check and support them <here>

Until we meet again in my next post!! Lets Bootylicious my beloved Beautylicious!! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment